• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

DVD player sound?

I notice that when I play the iso file with VLC and media player classic the VLC always lower then the classic. My question is when you play in the DVD player are they the same as the classic or the VLC ( I dont have any dvd player any more so I can't compare)

Thanks
    sigpic
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Well as nobody else is answering, I will throw in my 2 cents. I would think that the low audio in VLC might have to do with how the internal settings or accessories are setup as compared to Media Player Classic. The audio in the ISO file should be consistent.

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

That's strange, I have experienced the opposite with VLC sounding louder and better then MPC.

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

I guess it have something with codecs then because I play the same file to both players and all of the files same result
        sigpic

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

Probably the difference comes from the way they downmix, or if they've been set to downmix. Also check if you've set either of them to normalize audio.

Also with VLC you can set the max volume allowable IIRC, maybe it's set too low/high. I would trust MPC's output.
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• NightTran
            King of Digital Video
            King of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by anonymez
            Probably the difference comes from the way they downmix, or if they've been set to downmix. Also check if you've set either of them to normalize audio.

Also with VLC you can set the max volume allowable IIRC, maybe it's set too low/high. I would trust MPC's output.
            That it is now they sound the same , Thanks
            sigpic

Comment

Working...