Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chance_
    • Nov 2005

capturing video from cam audio delay...

why when i capture things from my tv software(winfast) - like now i'm trying to capture my camera video to pc... the audio always goes out of sync after like 10 minutes or so. it's fine first few minutes but then gets out of sync. why does this happen it's soooo annoying! im trying to capture important video. but i can't if it keeps doing this. can this be to do with cpu or ram cause capturing is a big heavy on ram/cpu. btw i have used xvid, mpeg, etc. tried playing with different audio bitrates and such. i'm lost and about to give up on something important.
    Last edited by chance_; 13 Jun 2007, 11:56 PM.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

experiment with higher quality capture(large file size)

windows movie maker?

is it a mini dvd cam?

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

How are you capturing? What type is your cam? As Chewy pointed out, try for a larger capture(lesser compression). That way the pc is less stressed. Real-time compression is pretty cpu intensive.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

Make sure, if you're going to increase bitrate, to lower the quality settings too. Lowering resolution/output framerate as well as using PCM wav as your audio format will prevent dropped frames too. If you have the hard disk space to spare, use Huffyuv. It's lossless and very fast.
        Last edited by anonymez; 14 Jun 2007, 09:24 AM.
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• chance_
          • Nov 2005

yeah, last night i actually think it worked and stayed in sync. i captured video that was about 40 minutes long - uncompressed avi with PCM as audio. it was about 9gb, lol. then compressed with xvid, got it down to about 600mb. i capture using my tv card software (the program i use to watch tv, etc) i tried virtual dub but ive been using this for so long to record tv and such.... i'm just used to it and it always did work well until it went past ten minutes. but maybe now, capturing as uncompressed avi with PCM audio does the trick. my cam is a sony handycam.
          Last edited by chance_; 14 Jun 2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• paglamon
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

my cam is a sony handycam.
            What type? Hi8, Digital8,MiniDV,DVD,HD ?
            sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...