Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kelrad
    • Aug 2007

Vcr To Dvd

Hi this is my first time in this forum I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I'm going wrong, I have connected my vcr to my dvd recorder and dvd to my tv , however when I play the video the signal is not getting through to the tv properly there is definitely something there but its all there ??
  • Experi-Mentor
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2004

welcome to the forum

is it possible that you didn't select the correct vcr-input at the dvd-recorder end ? sometimes the auto-scan fails.
    manually select the input (on the dvd-recorder), & ensure the connectors (& wires etc) aren't faulty.

also, can you supply more details than "the signal is not getting through to the tv properly" ?

Comment

• Westly32
      • Jun 2006

Hmmm. vcr out to dvd recorder's RF jack (or the yellow video, red/white audio cables)...then from dvd recorder to tv, using yellow video, red/white audio cables.
      Most dvd recorders require you to watch it's feed over the tv's line input channel, rather than over ch 3 as vcrs do. So if you've got the cables connected up right, tune the tv to the line input. (L1, L2) Look for Input select or TV/Video button on the tv remote.

If the tape is a store bought, commercial movie, the copy protection signal may be the culprit.

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Hi Westley,

I have seen some adds for some inexpensive gadgets that fixes Signal problems ... but I can't recall where!!!

G!

Comment

Working...