Software for adding arbitrary metadata and navigating from player applications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tojson
    • Sep 2007

Software for adding arbitrary metadata and navigating from player applications

Is there any software and data format that can be used for editing any kind of metadata information, with reference to the timeintervals in the movie where something occurrs ?

For example, one frequent kind of metadata is subtitles, where you can define what is being said in a certain part of the movie, but there can be other things you might want to tag. I know there are software solutions for subtitles, but I am looking for something more generic than can be used for your own defined ontologies.

For example, you might want to define the time intervals in the movie when a certain actor occurrs, or you might want to define time intervals when a certain kind of events or activites take place, or the time intervals when the movie if filmed in a certain location.

I wish there is a "standard" format (probably an XML language) that can be created with one or more applications.
    Then this XML file should be possible to use from plugins in media players (such as Winamp) and would let you easily navigate (through a GUI that behind the scenes is using the XML file) for example if you have defined an ontology with actors (and added those times in the movie when the actors occur) then the media player plugin should display a dropdown where you can select "Actors" and then it would display a list of all actor and when you select one actor, it would display a list of all time intervals when that actor occurrs and then you can click those times to easily jump into those scenes.
Working...