X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mazeroth
    • Sep 2007

PAL AVI to NTSC DVD

Hi guys,

I am new to this site and new to the conversion process as well.
    I have been trying for almost two weeks now to fix my problem without success. Thus the reason of my post here.

I am trying to convert PAL AVI video files which are in the fullscreen 4:3 format (576x432) to NTSC fullscreen 4:3.

I am able to convert the AVI files to NTSC 4:3 format and create a DVD without problem, except that the resolution is 640x480.

From what I could understand, most if not all DVD players use a resolution of 720x480 for the 4:3 NTSC format.

When I put my freshly burned DVD in my player, the image is enlarged and I am missing approx. an inch on all sides of the image.

It's like the player is taking my 640x480 video and zoom it to 720*480. When I use the "shrink" option on my DVD player..the image is perfect.

What is the best way to fix this?

I am using VSO for the conversion and NERO for the DVD creation.

Thank you for any help or input you may have.
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Try here..http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...tsc+conversion

Lots of good info that should help.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

Mazeroth, have you looked into DVD players that can handle divx and play both NTSC and PAL formats? Esp. if you don't have to deal with subtitles many times all you have to do is create a "data" DVD with Imgburn or some other burner app and just make sure you tell the DVD player that your TV is NTSC so it doesn't output PAL. It will convert on the fly.

Comment

Working...