Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chance_
    • Nov 2005

line in output too loud after recorded from tv! wont go lower :(

i got a tv capture card (winfast) and ive tried lots of things to fix this but haven't done it. when i record something using the output line in for recording the audio, (the bar is even on the lowest in sound options) and then listen to it, it's so loud it sounds distorted at times and no matter how low the bar is the sound is just always loud. the volume is set to what i want to record but its just not recording the same volume. it's annoying! the only alternative i have is using stereo mix for the recording .. the volume stays the same as what i hear. it's all good but usually has an annoying click/pop sound at the start of the video and end of video. any suggestions?
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

It sounds like you are overdriving the input of the sound card; Are you able to lower the output volume of the device feeding the tv capture card?

Comment

• chance_
      • Nov 2005

the program i use to watch tv and such has volume in the properties. "Record Volume" and that's set on 1. you can do the same thing in Volume Control > Recording > Line In - cause that's what it's coming from. everything is on low. yet the output of the recorded file is always alot louder even though it's set on 1. althought when i set it on 50 for example. it was even LOUDER. very weird. all this time though i just stick them in virtual dub and lower the volume and it's fine. but hey, it'd be nice to not have to go through that hassle ;]

here are screens of the volume settings;

tv card options: http://aycu36.webshots.com/image/291...8180978_rs.jpg

recording control: http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/309...3146876_rs.jpg

volume control: http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/304...6703176_rs.jpg

i've tried just about everything. different lines to record off blah blah etc.
      Last edited by chance_; 10 Oct 2007, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• katzdvd
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Feb 2006

If I understand correctly, you are taking the output off a sat. or cable box & then going into the capture card with that? Or running a cable directly into the input of the capture card? In the past, when I have done "audio only" recording from the sat. box, I needed to use an attenuator to lower the signal to prevent overdriving. This may be applicable in your case.

Comment

• chance_
          • Nov 2005

i have a male to male cable in the green of the tv capture card running to the blue of the pc sound card and then another male to male cable, green on the pc sound card to the pc speakers. that's the only way it captures the audio. i'm not sure what a sat or cable box is.

Comment

• katzdvd
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Feb 2006

Oh...I believe I misunderstood your initial question. I thought you were capturing from an external source, such as satellite or cable tv. From what you are now describing, I believe you don't need that attenuator. So you are trying to capture something that is already on your pc? I am confused; Chewy/others feel free to chime in if you know the answer!
            Last edited by katzdvd; 11 Oct 2007, 12:06 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

• ed klein
              Banned
              • Mar 2004

If possible try to capture your source audio sound from the headphone/earphone audio jack then on into your line-in on your sound card of your computer and then recording the audio sound from a software program.

Typical example of what has worked well for me. Any audio source using the headphone/earphone jack to line-in on the computer sound card and then record the audio in the highest MP3 format with the software program such as Musicmatch Plus

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

he is capturing from an external source and it would be nice to know which one?

what ever signal you are using, it's too strong

Comment

• RFBurns
                  To Infinity And Byond
                  • May 2006

Had this problem b4 myself with an STB PCI tv/fm card. A very good card to say the least and it still works perfectly.

What I found was the pc not communicating properly with the card. That is...working the record level control via the pc never controlled the capture card's level at all. It would operate full blast no matter what I set the level control at. The card recorded perfect levels on its own, ie capturing from its own tuner. Working the card's level controls also worked perfectly.

The solution was updated drivers for that card. It resolved the control issue so that I could set the record level either through the card's control program or through windows sound control. Perhaps check for updated drivers might help.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...