Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MovieFreak0307
    • Mar 2002

DVD Player

Hey All, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any programs that I can download that may allow me to veiw DVD's on my computer even though I dont have a DVD drive. I heard you can download the driver and a program and you can use it but I am just wondering if anyone had any ideas. I am downloading WinDVD and some sort of driver. I was just wondering if there was a certain website that contained the specific program and driver that I can use for DVD's. Thanks in Advance!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

If you have the DVD files on your harddisk, you can use WinDVD or PowerDVD to view the video. If you are referring to "some sort" of driver that will enable you to view DVDs from a CD-ROM drive, you are out of luck. That is because a CD-ROM drive is incapable of reading the different layers of a DVD disc (This is a hardware issue that cannot be remedied by software approach, ie. driver), much like a cat is unable to bark.

Comment

• MovieFreak0307
      • Mar 2002

Thanks

hey, thanks for replying my post and clearing things up for me. I was just wondering if there was any way to turn my CD-rom into a DVD-rom so I could play DVD's. Well, now I know I'll have to have one installed. Thanks Again for your help.

Comment

Working...