• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos Menem
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Feb 2002

Best Infrared Ghost-UFO Hunting Camera I can buy

I bought a Sony Handycam CCD TRV108 which seems very good in infrared mode and low light conditions at least compared to my newer Sony DV infrared capabilities... but I would like to know if there are even better cameras out there military type if possible that allow me to see deep in the dark like 100 meters deep and with clarity. Anyone here with knowledge on how to do that? I know besides the invisible infrared illuminations the infrared sensors have to be good so give me a good advice for a camcorder that has all that.
    me gusta la coca cola con ron
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Actually you got a good camera for long distance IR viewing. What you need is the high intensity IR diodes. And if you cluster them into a single housing and focus them using a lens, you can shoot that IR beam a good distance.

The military uses a wide dispersed IR laser to get those enormous viewing distances. You may have seen them mounted on some of their rifles and machine guns...they have a very huge lens on the front with a smaller lens in the center. The huge lens is the emitter and the small one is the pick up.

These can be built easily or bought in kit form from varous hobby shops and scrounging parts here and there.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...