Picture is Black & White while converting my video's to my PC, Can't get no colour :(

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robbieglover
    • Nov 2007

Picture is Black & White while converting my video's to my PC, Can't get no colour :(

I've spoken to ADSTech but they haven't been much help really, so I'm really hoping I can get some help here.

I've just bought the DVD Xpress package (which is great as for years I've wanted to get my old home video's onto my PC), however I've just had to buy a S-Video lead as it wouldn't work before and was the only way I could connect the VCR to the PC but now the picture is black & white & I can't get any colour on the picture at all, it's been a bit of a nightmare having to buy the DVDXpress, then the extra leads etc... to still have problems, how can I fix this?

All the settings I have am told are right by ADSTech on the capture wizard (They just said it should work... well it doesnt), I'm using Scart to S-Video, then the audio cables into the DVDXpress box, but I just can't get rid of the black & white picture & get the colour on.

I've tried 3 different video players also & various tapes to make sure, however the picture is black & white on them all.

I've already made sure everything is all on PAL (UK) too, it's stressing me out quite a bit as I've wanted to do this for years to convert my home videos.

Please can you kindly help, I'd really appreciate this, I don't want to be having to spend anymore money on this now, I don't really know where else to turn to get some genuine help anymore.

Thanks in advance to all who do kindly help here !!!!
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Howdy!

For some odd reason the setup you have is not seeing the color information from the source correctly. It could be a defective S-Video cable causing the problem, maybe a bent pin or missing pin on one of the ends or the wire inside the cable itself somewhere along its length or at one of the ends.

Double check the software capturing program to make sure it is creating your files in the PAL format. You can make a test capture and then check the file properties to see if it conforms to the PAL standard.

Another quick check for the S-Video cable would be to plug it into a tv or monitor equipped with an S-Video input, and run your signal through the S-Video and see if it shows up on your tv or monitor correctly.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...