• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ulTRAX
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Jan 2005

Nero Speed Can't Save Screenshots... Need DLL

When I went from XP to Vista I tried to reassemble all my old video tools. In the process I was shocked to find there was no save option to capture the nero CD-DVD Speed PIE test charts as pngs. There used to be a small floppy disk icon on the top right that's not there even in v4.7.7. I went through tons of versions. I thought I was going insane because I have been making copies of my test charts for the past 2 years. But today I found out why...

According to http://www.cdr-zone.com/news/nero_info_tool_2.10.html

Added Screen Capture Copy/Screen Capture Save functions (buttons on the titlebar)
    To save the screen to png, jpeg or tiff a dll must be installed if you're not running Windows XP or later. This can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...eleaseid=32738
    I assume this dll is not part of Vista. Since that link is dead... anyone know where I can find it? Thanks!
    Last edited by ulTRAX; 30 Nov 2007, 06:43 AM.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

From what I read they fixed that last march

seen lots of png's saved with vista and cdspeed since?

Comment

• ulTRAX
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Jan 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
      From what I read they fixed that last march

seen lots of png's saved with vista and cdspeed since?

It might be that the dll is required if one doesn't have some MS Office Graphic Filters: From: http://www.lebans.com/loadjpeggif.htm

A2KLoadJpegGifGDIPlus.zip is an update to the function to allow for the Display of Jpeg and Gif files on systems that do not have the Office Graphic Filters installed. TIF and PNG formats are now supported via the Microsoft GDI+ DLL. The GDI+ DLL is freely redistributable and available directly from MS here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...eleaseid=32738

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

I can't see MS leaving png support out of vista, your previous link stated the dll was not needed for xp and later(vista)

No idea why your vista is having problems, but then it's Vista!

Maybe Soup will come along? Or another Vista user?

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

Sorry I don't normally use that function for CDSpeed in Vista. I just Alt/Printscreen & open up PhotoFiltre, (you can also use Paint), then paste as new image & save, mostly as PNGs. Now I know this works in Vista because I have done it. Next time I am in Vista, I will give that function a try, to see if it works for me.

Comment

• ulTRAX
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Jan 2005

Originally Posted by soup
            Sorry I don't normally use that function for CDSpeed in Vista. I just Alt/Printscreen & open up PhotoFiltre, (you can also use Paint), then paste as new image & save, mostly as PNGs.
            That's what I had been doing using PhotoShop. A curious side note... PS saves the cropped PNGs 3X the size of Nero Speed. Even saving "for web" the pngs are twice the size.

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

Are you using Alt/Printscreen to get just the active window, just in case you are multitasking, make sure CDSpeed is the active window, or are you just using Printscreen & then cropping it with PS? Mine come out to roughly 50plus KBs with PhotoFiltre & Paint.

Comment

Working...