Video playback jerky as hell after format/reinstall!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wallace4793
    • Dec 2007

Video playback jerky as hell after format/reinstall!

Hi

I have a acer laptop with core duo 1.86 processor and 7300go video. When i bought it new it had windows vista installed but recently my hd currupted and i had to do a format/reinstall. I got hold of a disk (new laptop no longer come with oem disks for some reason) and formatted and reinstalled. I have loaded all the relevant drivers from the acer website such as video driver etc and all looks well in device manager. I have the latest xvid and ffshow codecs installed and the lastest wmp software (as well as vlc and bsplayer).

All my video is now really jerky.. xvid, wmvs h264.. basically everything. It stutters every second or so. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Or any ideas as to solve or diagnose the issue?

John
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

welcome to the forum

It's not just which drivers you load, but the order they are loaded in, another way to screw it up(a load) is to load a driver that older than the one already included in the Operating System.

You were loading Vista?

You might try ordering the disks from Acer.

By law your instructions would have shown you how to make recovery disks or use a recovery partition.

Comment

Working...