Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • horseman
    • Mar 2002

A hard to ask question....?

Hopefully this is OK to discuss here, or just to pose as a question in the interest
    of possibly getting some info privately via email ?
    I collected TV shows from live TV for years until I truly got sick of all the latest
    tripe that started appearing - then I tried sat TV for a bit, then I traded in my
    remote for a book to read !!!
    As a result of all this I have a pretty good library of older shows I recorded and
    cleaned up, and also some that I missed and have always hoped could be found
    online from other people who've collected shows, which as I understand it is really
    quite legal as long as it is for home/private re-use and not selling or
    public display.

So here's my question:
    Is there anyone here who knows how to find other collectors for swapping freely ?

I have posted here because of my very limited success in finding other folks and I
    really think that is due to the current climate of fear and paranoia regarding all
    things media - folks have been scared into hiding because they no longer know what
    will get them sued and what will not, and no sane person would want to get busted
    for a thing which they thought was OK to do when some law had been changed so
    that now it isn't anymore....

Best Wishes,

mark
    Last edited by horseman; 7 Jan 2008, 11:10 AM. Reason: bed spilleng !
Working...