Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LGHT
    • Jan 2008

Good capture card with coax connector

I need a good capture card with a coax connector. I searched the forums and it seems like most of the post are related to going from a VCR to the PC using RCA cables or DVI cables.

I tried a friends new HP that came with a WinTV / capture card (not sure what model, but I can find out if it helps), but was never able to get a signal on the PC?? I tried 3 different pieces of software on XP. I would get snow on some settings, but would never get a picture. Based on suggestion on another post I was told that if I can put my coax into a VCR and hit record and get a recording it should work. Well I was able to do this and as soon as I pull the cable from the PC and put it into the VCR it works like a charm. Since the WinTV card seems to be geared toward watching TV I wasn't sure if it was the card or not. Either way I've decided to just flip the bill and get my own card. I looked at some cards, but I didn't plan on spending $1200 for a card and that's what the rep said I need to do. I'm sure there are good cards around the $300-500 range can anyone suggest any? Not looking for the best of the best, but I would like something that will allow me to get at least 1 hour of video onto 1 DVD.

Thanks in advance.
Working...