X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

Feedback On Sony Blu-Ray Player BDP-S300 & BDP-S301

Sony Blu-Ray player BDP-S300 and the Costco version BDP-S301 are the same units. Price of the units were the same at Walmart or Costco. The Costco version came with the HDMI cable.

I bought a Blu-Ray player before I really wanted to because I was finding out most of the newer and future units would not play the type of media I wanted them to play. I believe this is going to be a copy protection issue of the future.

These units play media type BD-5, BD-9, BD-R, BD-RE, BD-ROM, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, built on a home made blu-ray structure.

BD live, and profile 2.0 won't do you any good if the unit will not play the media you want it to.

pro's
    very easy to set-up, owners manual is user friendly, Sony help telephone number people know what they are doing, easy to firmware update and to get the latest firmware update, great video and audio at 1080P

con's
    a touch slow for loading, better use of the resume button, must use the pause button to continue where you left off of a movie.

I could find only 3 blu-ray players that would play the type of media listed above. Great web-site, use search and select the options you want the blu-ray player to do and it will select the players for you.

Blu-ray Players, specifications and release dates for new and upcoming Blu-ray Players, including Blu-ray Player reviews and much more.
    Last edited by ed klein; 20 Jul 2008, 12:50 AM.
Working...