Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhassay
    • Aug 2008

Video looping- how can I do it?

i was given 4 dvd's with the standard dvd structure ( .vob etc.) i need to get the 4 videos to the hard drive and somehow have all 4 loop continuously for an advertisement at our office. each is only a few minutes long. i have tried several methods but just cant get it right. i would prefer to have the looping video play from the hard drive instead of a dvd. thanks for any help.
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Many DVD players have a "repeat title" function... you might want to try that.

If you want to merge them together, you can try using Nero Recode... it has a "merge titles" function.

If you'd rather convert them to a video file and then back, you could try Auto Gordian Knot to make an AVI, then use a video editor like Ulead Video Studio to loop, then burn a DVD from there.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• dhassay
      • Aug 2008

please keep in mind that we will NOT be playing the combined files on a dvd player. i need to have it on the hard drive. the computer is hooked up using hdmi to a tv/monitor. doesnt matter what program is used to play the looping file. it is just a presentation that needs to play in the lobby all day. the bad part is that the videos were given to me on seperate dvd's. thanks again for trying to help.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

In that case, I'd go with making them all one big file.

Here's what I would recommend:

1. Install Auto Gordian Knot and rip each DVD as an AVI file (Open VTS_01_1.IFO and it'll automatically do the rest)
        2. Use a video editor, I recommend Ulead Video Studio, to put the AVIs in the order you want them.
        3. Save them as a new file... You will have to mess with the settings to get it to be a good quality, or you can just click "Make a new DVD" and create a folder on your hard drive.
        4. Use a software player (Something like Windows Media Player for an AVI, or PowerDVD for a DVD) to play the video - and turn "repeat" on.

You should be all set!
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

just a thought... if just 4 files and are being played from harddisk, just use windows media player and click auto repeat.... thats it easiest way i guess.
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• paglamon
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

2. Use a video editor, I recommend Ulead Video Studio, to put the AVIs in the order you want them.
            @drf
            What is the need to convert them to avi ? UVS can directly open the vob files if they are renamed with .mpg extension before opening.
            sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• dhassay
              • Aug 2008

looks like windows media player is going to work. i renamed the .vob to .mpg and hit the repeat option. one problem though. i have two videos that are strange. in wmp one of the files is reported as being .02 seconds long and it is much longer than that. it plays for a while then freezes. the other video says 1:13 long but once it gets to the end at 1:13 it still plays and eventually freezes. ideas?

thanks for all of the responses. i'm glad this wont be too tough.

Comment

• blutach
                Not a god of digital video
                • Oct 2004

That has to do with the timecodes in the VOB. Really, this is very easy and needs no conversion. Compile the projects with your favourite transcoder - eg Nero Recode, DVD2One (both of which can merge them into one title anyway) or other programs, some of which we can not discuss on this forum - see rule 19.

Now, open the project with all 4 DVDs now in one project folder in PgcEdit. Go to the POST commands of the last title and double click on the the 1st post command. Change it to:

[30 08 00 00 01 00 00 00] 1 (CallSS) Call the First Play PGC, resume cell 1
                OK and save. Test in a software player.

Regards
                Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

Working...