Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bstorey
    • Jun 2002

TMPEGEnc prob

What does "invalid floating point operation" mean and how do a fix it =)? I'm converting AVI to VCD and am using all the settings that the faq suggests. Thanks,

Ben Storey
    Last edited by bstorey; 11 Jun 2002, 07:09 PM.
  • bstorey
    • Jun 2002

^

Comment

• bstorey
      • Jun 2002

Ok, so I'm learning a lot. I've learned to use the search function and found this: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...floating+point

I've run my avi through the decompressor on avi2vcd and am now retrying the conversion in TMPGEnc...

So did the solution ever work for the guy with the problem in the post?

I'll tell ya if mine works in about 14 hours ... It seems his problem was darn near identical to mine. Sorry if this is a common problem...

Comment

• bstorey
        • Jun 2002

Hmm, same error at 1:14:25 of the movie... here's all the info from Virtual Dub if that helps anybody want to respond...
        Vid
        640x272, 23.976
        Divx 4 Low-motion decompressor
        1644 keyframes
        858/13772/54591 (22112K)
        87/4634/59150 (591295K)

Aud
        48000Hz
        2 (stereo)
        16-bit
        PCM (Uncompressed)
        0 samples
        229902 frames
        4608/4608/9216 (1034564K)

Also, the output mpeg plays and looks fine up until the error...

I've already run DivFix and it shows no errors...

Any suggestions folks? Thanks for your time...

Comment

• bstorey
          • Jun 2002

All the settings on TMPGEnc are what the AVI to VCD faq suggests. I'm using NTSC standards here in the USA.

Comment

• bstorey
            • Jun 2002

Some guy on vcdhelp.com suggests, "In TMPGEnc, select options > environment settings

Next click the VFAPI tab, Right click "Direct Show", and select higher priority, do this until its at the top with a value of 4"

I'm trying now... we'll see if that works. I guess that's what someone on the other thread suggested, but I am too much of a newbie to have recognized it at the beginning. Here's to hoping it works. Then I can stop talking to myself on a message board =).

Comment

• mstyra2u
              • May 2002

I'm having the same problem I live in New Orleans and I use Pal for mine and they work on my dvd but this one moviie keeps popping up with that error I don't know what to do to fix it so I'll keep reading yours and if you figure it out we'll both be happy LOL

Comment

• bstorey
                • Jun 2002

Ok, yeah, increasing the priority of the Direct Show multimedia file reader under Global settings->VFPAI settings solves the problem... you can't increase it mid-encoding, so just cancel your current attempt and change it...

There's a new prob however. Now I have all of the mpeg working, but I can only seek up until the part where the error would occur. Is there an MPEG fix that fixes that like there's a DivFix? Later y'all,
                Ben Storey

Comment

• bstorey
                  • Jun 2002

Ok, I fixed that... then I had weird audio/vid sync probs where the standalone would delay audio while the computer synced it fine. I fixed that by trial and error of advancing the audio 1000ms and then 800ms until I got it correct for the standalone, but the vcds play out of sync in the computer dvd player. So I have two sets of vcds now... one for the computer and one for the standalone. All this mess makes me feel like a freakin' genius though now that I'm done. Only took like 18 man hours too... later board that is silent often...
                  Ben Storey

Comment

Working...