X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeson
    • Oct 2008

Unknown Format???

Hi guys,

I downloaded the other day some video files, 4 parts to be exact in wmv format. The only problem is that one of them is corrupt and cannot be played on any player (not even with "Klite").

Things I did:
    • - First thing I did was to contact the website owner but he is just not replying back to me for some reason.
    • - Second thing I did was to try to play it with a bunch of different players but that didn't help either.
    • - Then I tried to convert it somehow to other formats but that failed as well.
    • - After that i downloaded those video repair applications (like "Video Fixer") and miserably failed again.
    • -I tried even changing the extension manually to most popular video formats, just in case the uploader might have changed the extension accidentally, while he was renaming this video file but nothing seems to work...

Since the rest of the parts are wmv format I am assuming this should be too and some how has gone corrupt. This corrupt file is 180 mb. So there is some data trapped inside and my question to you guys is how to rescue this data?

Thank you all in advance for any helpful suggestions....
Working...