Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gong123321
    • Dec 2008

How to Screen Capture in Netflix?!

I'm trying to take screen captures during netflix instant playback on my pc. I've tried multiple softwares and the "printscreen key" cut and paste way. I'm assuming there is some kind of DRM protection or something going on because everytime i try to capture the screen the area that contains the actual video is either black or is just a small portion of the video blown up to cover the entire video area. I am NOT trying to record video clips, I just want a single screen capture image file. Can anyone tell me how to get this working?
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

I have no idea if this will work but I use it to capture pictures. Any screen size you want.

Screenhunter 5.0 (freeware)

You can bet the latest direct viewing from Netflex is probably loaded with DRM. I am not getting involved with it, and besides I do not have a high speed internet connection.

I'm sticking with renting the video and playing it in my hardware player.

Last edited by ed klein; 8 Dec 2008, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Colt
      • Dec 2008

Turn off your hardware acceleration. It's usually set to high but for screen caps it needs to be off.

You'll find it in the Properties of your Desktop (right click to Display Properties). Choose Settings; Advance then Troubleshoot and you'll find what you're looking for. Be sure to return it to high after you're finished.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2006

Ed,

Thanks for your suggestion.

screen hunter 5.0 works like a charm.

Comment

Working...