I want to play an mkv on a dvd player, Help?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kovgt
    • Jan 2009

Originally Posted by gonwk
    Yo Kovgt,

I don't know how I had forgotten about another "Proven" program to do just what you want ... go directly from "MKV" to "DVD" format ... it is this program and has been updated recently ...

I know the name says "AVI" but it does take "MKV" input! Make sure you make the right selsction for your DVD Format.

Avi2Dvd 0.4.5 Beta
    Download Avi2Dvd, an all-in-one tool to convert Avi/Ogm/Mkv/Wmv/Dvd to Dvd/Svcd/Vcd files, with just few clicks

Try it an post back with your results.

G!
    Thanks for the tip, I'll try both and post the results, assuming I still have a functioning computer after installing all this freeware!

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by kovgt
      Thanks for the tip, I'll try both and post the results, assuming I still have a functioning computer after installing all this freeware!
      Hi Kovgt,

Man you are so Funnnny ... you made me laugh so hard. THANKS!

AVI2DVD is Freeware and is SAFE !?!?! as it can be I have used it many times before to convert AVI's to DVD ... this is before I bought me a DVD Player that is capable of playing back AVI (Xvid & DivX).

G!
      Last edited by gonwk; 20 Jan 2009, 11:47 AM. Reason: See post below

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Kovgt,

Author's website has some good Guides for conversions ... so you will make correct decisions on Audio and Video formats and so forth.

G!

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

@ Chewy, Blutach and the rest of Experts here ...

I just saw a post about AVI2DVD being reported as a "SPYWARE" by Kaspersky Anti-Virus.

Q: Can one of the Experts Confirm this!?!? Does it contain a spyware?

I hate to sound paranoid but the software is from RU (Russia) ... where I have heard a lot of Spyware and Hacking gets originated at.

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

This is being reported as spyware in KAV with the download blocked. I've checked it three times.

It should be carefully checked as it is being described as 100% ad and spyware free !
            Posted June 12, 2008 by blue2.

Don't let one negative review sway you, there's lots of *****'s leaving comments

Some of the world's best programmers are from Russia, good and bad
            Last edited by Chewy; 20 Jan 2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
              ... Some of the world's best programmers are from Russia, good and bad
              Hi Chewy,

THANKS for easing my Mind and others I am sure ... so AVI2DVD is A-OK!

I agree RU has a lot of good programmers ... but some of those guys also work for the Bad Guys ... if you know what I mean!

Thanks again,

G!

Comment

• atifsh
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2003

U can always try convertxtodvd by vso software, not free but i know results are really good, straight from mkv to dvd and will retain everything mkv may have.
                Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...