No sound on DivX movies! Can any1 help me???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Under GSpot, can you find out what audio codec is being used (whether MP3, OGG, AC3 or whatever-else-is-out-there)?

Comment

• agnesana77
      • Nov 2003

it says in audio codec that codec is not installed i must have uninstalled it by accident when i was doing my clean up because everything was fine and i had sound and everything now i'll never get it back

and i don't understand why nothing plays in divx either something is seriously missing with divx player i get the message unknown exception caught ?? i don't understand and sometimed i get other messages.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Any way you can find out the audio tag of that particular file? That way we can find out the type of compression used for the audio and hence what codec needs to be installed.

Another way would be to reinstall whatever audio codecs that you have installed before. That should hopefully take care of the problem. Trying a different player, such as BSPlayer or WMP 6.4, may help too.

Regards.

Comment

• agnesana77
          • Nov 2003

i think it's Tag 85 would that be right but it doesn't tell me what codec i need

Comment

• agnesana77
            • Nov 2003

i have my codec back i went into window media player the version i had cause the version you told me to download was not compatible i pressed play for one of the videos and it asked me if i want to download this codec i pressed yes and i'm glad i did cause now they are all working and the codec i needed was mpeg layer-3 decoder.

Thank you very much for your time and effort with trying to help me

cheers

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

Yes, you were missing an MP3 decoder indeed (how you lost it is quite amusing actually ^_^). It's good to see things working out for you now.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...