Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ultralight
    • Apr 2002

Little help please

I am trying to play a MPG on my computer I downloaded but get this error, can someone help please?"No combination of filters could be found to render the stream. (Error=80040218)"
  • cheftaz
    • Apr 2002

Use the search button on this forum
    Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

It maybe an MPEG-2 file, which will require you to have a software DVD player, like WinDVD or PowerDVD installed. Alternatively, install the appropriate MPEG-2 filters into your computer.

Otherwise, it may originally be an .AVI file (renamed to .mpg), which will still require you to have the appropriate codec installed. If the DivX codecs (3.11 or 4.x/5.x) do not work, opening the file in Virtualdub and going to File Information will reveal its properties. As a note, if the file is MPEG-2, Virtualdub will be unable to open it.
      Last edited by Enchanter; 15 Jun 2002, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Anubis
        • Dec 2001

Your Error code

I just happen to see your question about your error.

I've been in the same boat with a different system. I get the exact same error when I try to playback the encoded file.

In fact Flask crashes everytime I try to encode a movie file.
        I've never had this much trouble with Flask/DivX before.
        And yes I have read all posted links, there's alot of good information, but nothing that I can see the relates to the problem. I recall I had a bug fix called "avi.out" or something like that a few years ago, I'm trying to find it in the heaps of the cd library..In the mean time I'll let you know what I find out.

Oh-BTW Enchanter - Thanks for the DivX 5.0 help a few months back!!

Anubis

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Oh-BTW Enchanter - Thanks for the DivX 5.0 help a few months back!!
          Not that I can remember exactly what I said last time, but you're welcome.

Let us wait for the thread author to give us feedback on his progress, and we'll see where the boat goes to.

Comment

Working...