Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rich
    • Dec 2001

Audio problem with Shrek DivX conversion

I'm fairly new to DivX but have used "Easy Divx" to convert a couple of films successfully. When I try to use "EasyDivx" to convert "Shrek", the video is great but the sound is very distorted (way to bad to actually hear the track).

I have seen another post which mentions audio flipping between Spanish / English and experienced the same thing when I tried to rip the disk with clad DVD. I then tried to re-rip the disk with Smart Ripper but still found the vob's sound was the same.

I think "EasyDivx" uses Ac3dec to convert the audio for MP3 so I tried the AC3 audio option (no sound at all with this one).

Has anyone else experienced audio problems with Shrek? or got any ideas how I can extract the audio stream successfully?

any help appreciated

Rich

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 195.92.168.164

12-08-2001 07:23 PM

• yohudi
    • Dec 2001

Shrek Sucess

Ripped shrek with english audio no prob as follows

Smartripper 2.31 to dycrypt.. used movie option with code seek set to once only and split set to every vob file

FlaskMPEG 6 to Encode to mpeg4 using DivX3.1 codec and audio set to direct stream copy to get separate AC3 audio file.

Processed AC3 to WAV using PX3convert with normalize active, then took WAV to MP3 using pro encoder called Audioactive Production Studio Pro... MP3 settings at 48khz and 128kbps streaming rate. Reset MP3 header to WAV using WaveMP3.

Finalliy interleaved audio and video using virtualdub...set to WAV audio-direct stream and video set to directstream also....

This is pretty much my standard rip technique btw.. never had any probs etc... also beats the crap out of fraunhofer,Lame, blade etc for audio quality. Totally free of sibilance, phasing or flanging artefacts in audiostream.

Comment

• Rich
      • Dec 2001

thanks for that, I'll round up the tools you use and give it a go..

much appreciated

Rich

Comment

Working...