Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caledor
    • Mar 2009

Xvid files stutter now, used to work fine

I've got Vista 64 Ultimate. My Xvid files all used to work fine, now they all stutter on playback (video stutters, audio is fine). This happens in Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic. The files work fine in MPlayer, so I thought it was a codec issue, so I uninstalled ffdshow and installed a newer version with no luck. I tried just the Xvid codec with the same results. The only thing I have installed lately was an update for iTunes, so I tried removing iTunes and it made no difference.
    Anyone have any idea how I can get this working again?
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Caledor
    I've got Vista 64 Ultimate. My Xvid files all used to work fine, now they all stutter on playback (video stutters, audio is fine). This happens in Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic. The files work fine in MPlayer, so I thought it was a codec issue, so I uninstalled ffdshow and installed a newer version with no luck. I tried just the Xvid codec with the same results. The only thing I have installed lately was an update for iTunes, so I tried removing iTunes and it made no difference.
    Anyone have any idea how I can get this working again?
    Hi Caledor,

Install Vista Codec Pack 5.1.7 first then install VCP 64-bit 1.7.5.

Please post back your result!

G!

Comment

Working...