What's the best FTP site for Latest AVI's?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarit16
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Dec 2001

What's the best FTP site for Latest AVI's?

howdi all,

I was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right ftp site for the latest movies in AVI format? coz every other ftp i go to its in mpeg format or centropy (too big for me to download). any ftp site full of latest avi's.

Cheers

sksk:
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

FTP sites don't generally last long, given how easy it is to download from them and hence the amount of hammering they continually receive. I know of one such server which had to be shut down because it was serving in excess of 3TB (NOT GB) a month!!! The few FTP sites that I used to download from have since ceased their service.
    Last edited by Enchanter; 16 Jun 2002, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

NOT IN THIS BOARD!!!!

just as a reminder:

+++
      If you do not follow these rules, you might get suspended...

4. Please do not post warez or links to warez, unless if there is a really commercially hard to get software, and you think a link is justified in this case (since there is obviously no other good way to get this software, even if you are prepared to pay for it).
      +++

STOP asking questions like this in this board!

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

I didn't know all AVI files were considered warez as well... Anyway, I'll edit whatever I said before then.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

i do not consider 'latest avis' to be a collection of home-made videos!

thus we're talking about commercial movies here.

'backing up your dvds' is one thing 'exchanging rips' another.

of course anyone is free to do whatever he likes (and not get caught ), but a board like this might suffer from these kind of questions/postings.

thus, i think it is best to simply keep this space clean of any such things.

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

Technically, warez refers to pirated software - but you'll find that most warez sites also features pirated movies/music, and so it is now used to describe piracy in general - at least that's how I use the word.

Just to be clear, I've changed the wording of the rules to avoid any confusion in the future.

UncasMS is right about keeping the board clean - you'll be surprised at how many cease-and-desist letters I've received.
            Last edited by admin; 16 Jun 2002, 11:18 PM.
            Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...