X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mnmlmike
    • May 2009

Help me with my semi elaborate screen capture process :-/

Hey all,

So what I'm trying to do is make a series of free music production tutorials for the web, specifically youtube and vimeo. I want the video to be as high quality as each of those sites will allow. Here is my process:

I capture the video with ScreenFlow which is cool cause of the editing features and I can mix the mic volume with the computer volume after the fact which is kind of important. I recently found out about IShowU which seems really cool though because it renders instantly?

After that I export into iMovie09 just to add some simple text here and there. Then I finally import the video into logic so I can clean up the audio and make it louder.

My problem is two fold. One it takes forever to do this process and I'm wondering if there is a better way to do do this. I know video work isn't fast but for a 10 minute video its excessive. Second the quality of the video itself is kinda poor, while its high resolution it sometimes looks washed out and grainy I'm assuming this is due to the codec that I am using.

If someone could help me shed some light on this I'd GREATLY appreciate it. Any tips in general on this process would be awesome as well.

Thanks!
Working...