Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vip
    • Apr 2004

laptop to TV cord?

I want to hook up my laptop to my tv so I can watch top gear on youtube but play it on my TV, is there a cord I can buy?
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

most easiest way is to use svideo cable frm laptop to Tv, most tv have those but newer laptops are skiping svideo ports.

then if ur tv has a vga input u can use that, all laptops have vga out

then theres HDMI, most newer highend / mid laptops have those and all lcd tv's have those.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• Vip
      • Apr 2004

is this it?

i have a asus aspire 4315 if that helps.

Comment

• copyless
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2006

No, that is not the cable you want.

What TV do you want to hook it to? Does your TV have a S-Video input? Your laptop has S-video/ TV out so if your TV has an S-Video input that is not the cable you need, you just need a regular S-Video cable.

The problem here is S-video does not support sound so if you want sound to your TV, then you need to double check your manual and make sure your laptop supports VGA to TV ( I found some 4315's that did but unfortunately there are more than one type of 4315)

Anyway if it does support VGA to TV (as I think that it may) then THIS is the cable you need. This cable will be able to hook to your TV with sound if your laptop supports it.

With this cable you will still need to determine which input you will use on the TV, then buy the male to male type cable that you decide. Either a three rca male to male or S-Video and two rca male to male, or they also make a 4 cable that has s-video, and thre rca male to males.
        Last edited by copyless; 19 Jun 2009, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

1: if ur laptop and tv both support svideo then just get simple svideo cable. This

2: if ur laptop has svideo but tv doesnt have svideo, then use the cable u'v shown

3: if ur laptop doesnt have svideo then use the cable which copyless has told u.

4: getting audio is simple, get a cable thats one end headphones, other end rca audio usually red and white This
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...