• Show
Clear All
  • Video duder
    • Jun 2009

Seriously at my wit's end here

there are two pieces of video i'm really trying to work with

one is outtakes i grabbed from the gremlins 2 dvd

the other is this dvd called seeing with our brains

i have ojosoft total video converter. i've used this in the past to successful convert and edit vob files from the blue velvet and first gremlins dvd. i'm editing them down to their most interesting minutes to be used in live visuals.

gremlins 2 vob files started presented a problem because there were twice as many, half of them were dubbed in spanish, and the english speaking ones for some reason had the effects audio but no dialogue.

im using ojosoft to export them as either avi or mpeg files. then i drag them into premiere and usually that should work.

with the gremlins 2 outtakes, it says "Error: file is damaged or doesn't recognize the format."

so i brought it into windows movie maker and exported it as an avi. when i drag that into premiere only the first two minutes show up.

the other issue is with the seeing with our brains dvd. when i use ojosoft to export that, it comes out rectangular and cropped. i've tried it about 8 different kinds of ways, even as mp4, all with the same result. i tried bringing it into windows movie maker and exporting it that way, and it's giving me about the first 57 seconds of a 34 minute movie.

aside from ddt'ing my laptop off of my bureau and choking out my brother for convincing me to buy a pc when i know i needed an apple, can anyone offer any advice, programs suggestions, or just basic advice to help me out of this situation.

my laptop is virtually brand new, has 4 gb of ram. i am getting a message from windows saying there is an error with my vlc media player.

this is beyond messed up. we're talking over 5 hours of toil for absolute dick.

please help

thanks
Working...