X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Junkie_ball
    • Jan 2004

CompTIA A+ Certification

Hi all,

After some advice and guidance here. I'm a computer amateur that is happy with most general aspects of computing from building systems from scratch to setting up wired/wireless networks. I've had limited experience in database designing i've few purchasing / invoicing systems which are used in day to day runnings of a small company. I'm familiar with the basics of VBNet programing language and have in the passed dabbled with java (although can't remember any of it)

I'm currently employed as a contracts manager / computer aided designer. My real passion is for the fundamentals of IT though. About 10 years ago i completed an advanced IT course with merit. I'm looking to switch careers and get back into the game. With no formal experience that i can include on my CV i was contemplating doing the CompTIA A+ Certification and was wondering what you guys thought of this course. Have checked the sample papers out and believe i could complete them with a little brushing up on the latest technology.

I'm aware certification doesn't hold much standing without that vital experience to potential employers and as such am looking for some volunteer work (evening / weekends) as have to do this around my current job.

Any thoughts / guidance as t what my next steps should be would be greatly received.
    SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

Bow to the gods of Digital-Digest

http://www.wix.com/martinhopkins/designandphotography
Working...