Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mc1548
    • Sep 2004

Sanyo VPC-CG10 MP4 won't play on DVD Player

I have the Sanyo VPC-CG10 HD with MP4 video output & when I download the video to my computer then Burn it to a DVD it won't play in either of my two Divx, AVI & MP4 compatible DVD players. I’ve tried converting it to AVI with no luck. Sanyo support says I need to buy a DVR. Is there something I can do to get it to work?
  • johnsen6
    • Jan 2010

I have just received this camcorder as a present and am having a few problems - have you tried hooking it up to HD on the telly yet? I cant find a component cable for love nor money! And I was wondering about burning DVDs - this is really important to me because I want to send them to my parents.

Have you had any more luck? And excuse my ignorance but what is a DVR? My wife got me this one because of the good reviews and price, but if I need something elkse to burn it with and then soemthing else to make HD work, I am wondering what the true cost is!

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

ur camera makes AVC/H.264 compression files and cannot be played on any standalone players that i know. only way is to reencode them into player compadible divx/ xvid avi files. remember very few standalone dvd players support HD divx/xvid files.
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

I have to agree with atifsh. The only thing I found that plays avi/divx at resolutions greater than 720x576 for less than $100 is Western Digital HDTV player for USB drives. Esp. HD avi that are a couple of gig in size play great. The major stumbling blocks are

a)subtitles - only way you can be sure it will play the subs is to use external .srt files .. it doesn't support .divx with embedded subs like many stand-alone dvd players do

b)the 1st generation player doesn't downmix DTS. If your Home Theater setup can't handle DTS you need to convert to AC3 or stereo if you have a file with DTS audio.

c)if the files are really large like 1080p TV captures with super high bitrates, you may find the audio drops out during playback. Sometimes you can get it back in sync by ff and rw playing around. But the way to fix this is to use something like Handbrake that will compress the video bitrate down and still leave very good quality.

But esp. for AviHD this player is great. Good quality 720P TV captures that I've seen look fantastic. From what I hear the 2nd generation WD player will downmix DTS for you but I've seen reviews saying the SD upscaling doesn't look as good as the 1st generation player. Depends what you will do with it the most which one to get.

Comment

Working...