X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marius
    • Dec 2001

Problems with software Cinemaster in Doze 98

Hello!
    I'm new to the forum but now getting desperate after no longer being able to load DVD's.

Tech stuff:

Doze 98 with Ravisent DVD player (originally v.1.90.1001).

Have tried driver versions 2.037.6382 and 2.036.98

NVidia riva tnt2 pro with latest driver 4.13.01.2183

Aureal vortex au8810 soundcard

Panasonic DVD 014

Norman anti-virus v.5.00.35

Also running Norton Utilities, Memory interleave enabler and trying out powertweak, tho I hav tried disabling all of the above without success.

I'm getting the 'Another application is preventing DVD playback' error, but have checked and the driver files are in place.
    The first time I try to start a DVD, Norton crashguard intercepts a crash in cinmst32.dll,

subsequent attempts within the same windows session give the 'Another application...' error.

Everything worked fine a while ago, but I haven't played any DVD's for a while

I'm running on a box with rather too many drivers loaded, so doze crashes quite a lot and often corrupts the filesystem. This could be the reason why it has stopped working, on the other habnd the anti-virus software is new as are powertweak and the memory interleave enabler, though both of these can be prevented from loading at boot time.The Nvidia driver and directX have also recently been upgraded. Now running directX8.1.

Actually I'm getting pretty pissed off as DVD's caused not infrequent crashes, usually resulting in windows spewing all over the hard drive and trashing the file system, so this may be the push to make me get it working in Linux (which I see has recently been made easier with the advent of Ogle 0,7.

So, if anyone has insight in to either my problems in windows , or experience in getting DVD's playing from Linux, I'd be very happy to hear about it.

Cheers

Marius
Working...