Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rosflurg
    • Jun 2002

What Codec am I missing

on some of my divX movies, i don't have video, i do get sound.
    Instead of video, all i see is a grey screen

can any1 tell me what codec i'm missing?

thanx-a-lot

Rosflurg
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Beside making sure that the DivX codec(s) is/are installed, have the MS MPEG4 V2 codec installed as well. Additionally, you can check the file information of the 'unplayable' files via Virtualdub.

Comment

• funkster
      • Jun 2002

Hi,

I am also having problems with playing big movie files (700Mb+) in divx.avi and they play sound but have a blank screen - usually just the Real Player icon in the centre.

I have the alpha 3.1, and just downloaded the Tsunami Filter Pack Mini as well, but nothing has changed. Is there anything else that I may need to play these movies?

Enchanter, I can't seem to find the MS MPEG4 V2 codec you talk about - can you help me any further on this problem, you'd be a great help! Is Virtualdub a site that identifies the file type and tells you what codecs you need?

Rosflurg - are your problems solved?

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

usually just the Real Player icon in the centre
        Can you use Windows Media Player or other DivX players instead? I don't remember Realplayer being able to play .avi files.

Enchanter, I can't seem to find the MS MPEG4 V2 codec you talk about - can you help me any further on this problem, you'd be a great help! Is Virtualdub a site that identifies the file type and tells you what codecs you need?
        The MS MPEG4 V2 codec can be found within either the Tsunami or Nimo codec packs. It's usually found somewhere close to the DivX codec selestion boxes. Virtualdub is an encoder (program), which is used to create .avi files and also used to extract detailed information from an existing video files.

Comment

• funkster
          • Jun 2002

Thanks Enchanter, you've solved the problems!

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Glad to have been of help.

Comment

Working...