Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebien
    • Jul 2002

need help with cutting a divx file

well I wanted to cut the ending of an ep out but the file I copy without the ending, it's audio is always out of synch with the video. I used virtual dub like the guide stated, direct stream for both audio n video, when I got the out of synch video--by the way, it's a first copy not a second segment or anything like the guide says. I use the provided instructions C*T/A*1000 to get wat i need to fix the out of synch error but it didn't fix it at all. when I loaded the original divx video, virtual dub tell me this

"virtualdub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with the standerd CBR values during processing for better compatibility. this may introduce up to 21419 ms of skew from the video stream. if this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompress WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate:130.2 +/- 28.0 kbps)"

the above is the exact message virtualdub gave me everytime I load the original divx file. n when I made a copy with out the ending, the file is always out of synch. I tried to fix it but couldn't for some reason I input the value I obtained through the calculation in the end offset time slot cuz video was ahead of audio. Plz help, I would really appreciate any help or tip I can get with this.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

try nandub instead of vd

Comment

• Ostaf
      • Jun 2002

The source audio is using a variable bit rate so it's changing the audio to a constant bit rate to improve compatibility. This is introducing up to 21419 ms of skew from the video stream. Obviously this is unacceptable, so decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder.
      Translation - in virtualDub, load the avi, under audio choose full processing, compression = uncompressed (PCM) (or something, I forget exactly), file->save wav.
      Reload the avi, under audio choose wav audio and select the newly created wav file, choose direct stream copy under both video and audio, file-> save avi.
      There you go, a complete movie with uncompressed audio that should be in synch and editable.
      Not all error messages are as useless as Microsofts

Comment

• ebien
        • Jul 2002

ok I did as u say but the file that I get from it is huge how do I compress the audio again? I mean it turned from an original file size of 170mb to the current uncompressed version of 443mb if that is the only way to fix it then it's better for me not to cut it at all. plz help. the uncompress audio wave file is 289 mbs I think when I did as u say it just add that to the video file didn't compress at all so wat do I do now?

Comment

• ebien
          • Jul 2002

hey I just try nandub it work perfectly for me NICE VERY NICE thank u thank u thank u. ostaf thanks for ur help, and uncasms thank u for telling me about nandub thank u wooot, finnaly yes * jumping with joy* cya

Comment

Working...