Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colburn112
    • May 2002

what tools do u use?

i have been makin vcds for a short time now from downloaded avi files off the net, i use virtual dub to prepare the avi and tmpgenc to encode, then nero to burn to a vcd. I have been wondering for a while if these are the best tools to use. I would appreciate any input and advice from experience. Also i read somewhere that tpmgenc is not the greatest at encoding the audio when you convert from avi to mpg, if this is the case what can i do about this. Thanks alot in advance!!!!!
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Most people use TMPGEnc, it is a fantastic freeware. Some people may use NERO or Easy CD Creator Platinum and other software to create a vcd (but NERO may cause problems).

The only software that may be a little better than TMPGenc, (though the meris of that statement themselves are debatable) would perhaps be CCE however it costs thousands of dollars.

TMPGenc plus may offer improved quality and faster encoding times.

Comment

• colburn112
      • May 2002

thanks alot for ur advice but i was hoping for a little more input? thanks neways tho.

Comment

• IOG
        • Jul 2002

Heheh - every program you're using is the best freeware program to use. Well, Nero isn't freeware, but it usually comes free w/ the CD burner . . . you know what I mean. Can't really be stated with any more input than that . . .

Comment

Working...