Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WeenBoy
    • Apr 2002

Divx 5.0.2 and VDub options/poll

Being new to this "backing up my DVD's" I was wondering what the best options to check or uncheck or fill in would be for Divx 5.0.2 with VDub. I've read alot of the info about what each does, but it's not really processing.

For the fastest VDub compression, should I shut everything else down? Change some setting in Windows? What should I do with the setting 5.0.2 (all I have done is lower and raise the kbps according to each movie), but I see ALOT of setting I figure might make things faster or better. Any tips from you professionals?
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Disabling stuff like, antivirus protection, software firewalls, task schedulers, etc, will slightly speedup (1-2%). Another trick is to disable all unused ports in the bios, serial, paralelle, usb. This can increase preformance by about 2-5%. And try setting the ram cas latency to 2 instead of 3. If it works this will also give a nice speed boost. But it might cause system instability if your ram isn't fast enough.

As for divx5 speed related settings, uncheck everything execept use mv-log file.

But why are you so concerned about speed ?, just setup your jobs before going to sleep, and they will be done when you wakeup.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Encoding the videos at lower resolutions generally is faster. Couple that with bilinear resize mode and you get an even faster encoding. It's worth considering if you don't mind making lower quality videos...

Comment

• WeenBoy
        • Apr 2002

thanks

@khp - I usually set them to run at night, but as in the computer world faster seems to be the name of the game

Comment

Working...