Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STFUproductions
    • Jul 2002

Downloaded "VCD" DivX movie problems

I know a lot about ripping and encoding movies, and I am able to do just about anything except for converting the "VCD" avi files into mpeg files for playback on a dvd/vcd player. Every movie I download off of file sharing programs, or irc, yields the same result. Not one of the video converting/editing/compressing programs that I have are able to even open the file. Windows media player and other movie playing programs can view the AVI files, but I can't use any program to turn them in to mpeg1 files. I have many divx codecs including: divx5.0, divx4.12, divx3.2, divx3.11 alpha, microsoft mpeg-4 v1 v2 and v3, and many other random codecs. Can anyone tell me how to turn those avis into vcds. IF only everyone realized how superior windows media video and audio is to all other video formats (even though wmv is almost exactly mpeg-4 v3), windows media just works. I myself try to stay away from using divx files. Everything I make is either wmv or mpeg2. But enough ranting.
  • STFUproductions
    • Jul 2002

The movie editing/compressing programs I have are: Adobe Premiere v6.02, LSX mpeg v3.5, tmpegenc, nero v5.5, and xing mpeg encoder.

Comment

• Apnoea
      • Mar 2002

I seem to remember that Nero Burning Rom had a nice inbuilt facility to convert AVIs into VCD format ready to make a VCD.
      click here

If you don't have a problem converting into VCD MPEG format and just need burning guides/software try VCDhelp

Creating the VCD .dat file...
      VCDhelp.com again

As for divX, I don't have a standalone DVD player so DivX is my choice. But then I also don't have a TV larger than my monitor!

Cheers-
      Apnoea

Comment

• khanhtran
        • Sep 2002

where can i download xing mpeg encoder

Hi All,

Would someone show me where can I download xing mpeg encoder 2.20?

Thanks,
        Khanh Tran

Comment

Working...