Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rduckjr
    • Aug 2002

Joining 3 AVI Files......After complete..Audio Out of Sync

Hi all. Found the forum today at work and I must say, I love it. I got a cable modem last friday and have been having a blast.

Here is my problem.

I downloaded Spiderman off Kazaa. The movie was in 3 parts. All three parts were cut by the same person and all the same way.

I went by the posted directions to Join the 3 files into one AVI file. I did just as the instuctions said, I downloaded VirtualDub and did everything as written.

It worked fine, the file was made. Except one problem. The movie begins fine with audio adn video in sync, but when it gets to the part in the movie where I joined File 1 to File 2, the Audio messes up. You hear it before you see it.

The movie as 3 seperate files.....the Audio is perfect on all 3, the problem only happened once I joined them.

Any and all help/solutions would be appreciated.....

Thanks!!!

NoR
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Hopefully, you've retained the three original files. If so, do the following to the SECOND file only:

1) Load the second file into VirtualDub
    2) Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"
    3) Set "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"
    4) From under the "Audio" drodpown menu, select the line item (the name eludes me at the moment) that when clicked on, opens a box which includes a reference to "Audio skew correction"
    5) Put a checkmark next to "Audio skew correction" and enter an appropriate positive amount (Try 1,200 for first attempt. It may take some experimentation to get it "just so")
    6) Save with a new filename

Merge your original first file with your newly modified second file and original third file. Save with a new filename.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• rduckjr
      • Aug 2002

Ok, I did like you said. I had to play around with the number, but I finally got it to work. I had to set the Audio skew correction to 500 on the 2nd file. Then......the 3rd was still messed up. After a bit of tweaking......setting the number to 1000 caused the 3rd file to be in sync.

NOW......the whole movie is together and everyone is talking when they are suppose to.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

I did get these files off Kazaa. Is there anyway now that I got them to clean them up a bit and make the picture more sharper and stuff like that??

Till again,

NoR

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...