Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bstoddard
    • Aug 2002

Burning DVD's after ripping files

O.K. , I realize that this is probably really elementary, but I am new at this. I presently have DVD files on my hard drive that I ripped using DVD Master (2001). I can watch the files using my DVD player (DVD Station). However, when I try to burn a DVD using my DVD software, Sonic MyDVD (CenDyne), it states that the file type is not supported. Is there a software program that will accept the format, or do I have to convert the files to something that Sonic MyDVD will support? If so, will I lose quality by converting the files? Any suggestions or solutions will be greatly appreciated.
  • Nielchiano
    • Aug 2002

I don't have a DVD-recorder, so I'll just do some guesswork:

I guess you did not just copy the files but also decrypted them?
    Next, I don't knwo what movie that is, but beware that a DVD-/+R can only contain +/- 4.3GB of data, so a dual layer DVD will not work.
    I'd use Nero to burn VideoDVDs, but MyDVD should do the job. The problem might be that it's an authoring+burning tool, so you'll have to give mpeg2 video and ac3 audio... if that's the case you can just demux the VOB (that is split it up, without any loss of quality) and give the seperate files.

hope this helps,
    nielchiano
    We were all newbies once... and we all needed some help once, so lets once help the newbies.

Comment

Working...