Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rgardias
    • Feb 2002

Basic Question re AC3

I have ripped a whole buch of movies to my hard drive. No problem.

I would now like to compress them and retain the AC3 audio stream. Is there any software that does this all in ONE esay step?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

DVD2AVI will allow you to extract the AC3 sound file. GordianKnot will allow you to create DivX-compressed videos with which you can join the AC3 file to.

Comment

• rgardias
      • Feb 2002

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.

I installed GordianKnot and can't tell what I'm supposed to do. I think I better take this one step at a time.

Is the next step to convert the VOB files to WAV? If it is what is the best program to do this with?

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Apr 2002

This is the full guide to gnot using divx 5. If you are using divx 3, they have it here also.

Mac

Comment

• rgardias
          • Feb 2002

Once again thanks for taking the time to reply.

I printed and went through the guide step by step and I find it far to complicated. I obviously find this stuff very difficult.

Is there commercial software that I can pay for that automates most of this process? I would be more than willing to pay for it.

Comment

• Coma
            Local Moron
            • Jul 2002

its not that hard if you go step by step just take your time, trust me if i can do it anyone can.....................and after your intial setup its much easier than any other program out there, it also saves you a whole lot of time usually about an hour faster than all the flask type encoders............................
            Do not fear the penguins, for they are allies of peace, truth, and justice.

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • Apr 2002

As Coma says - its not that hard. Just take it slow and follow the steps one at a time. If you have any questions you know where to ask them. You will be making great looking rips in no time.

Mac

Comment

Working...