Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pushbiker
    • Aug 2002

Sound free viewing...

Hello there... Just installed DivX player and rewarded with great video but no audio. The audio must be in the clip because Windows Media Player plays it ok. I can't find any options that might cure it so would be real pleased to get any suggestions.....
    Cheers...Ken
  • Mac Sidewinder
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2002

You can get a utility called gspot that will tell you the properties of an avi clip, OR you can load the avi into virtualdub and go to file - properties. Look at the audio properties and see what codec is being used. If it says something like tag2000 then it is AC3. You will need to d/l the tsunami or nimo codec pack and install the ac3 codec.

Mac

Comment

• pushbiker
      • Aug 2002

Mac...Thanks for the quick reply. I just tried gspot on the clip and got these results....

Video DivX 5.0
      Audio Encoding mp3

There's more that I can bring to you if needed.

Could this mean that my Winamp is grabbing the audio somehow??

Off to bed now...will look here again tomorrow night.

Cheers...Ken

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Apr 2002

I believe windows meadia player has its own mp3 codec. If you get tsuname or nimo and install only the mp3 codec you should be alright.

Mac

Comment

• pushbiker
          • Aug 2002

Mac...I have been searching around for a fix for my non sound problem and struggling with the ocean of stuff that goes with DivX, with no results but a headache. I found a codec (a lite version) that included an mp3 player at nimo, but on the download page I'm durned if I could find a download link. Anyway, I got lucky in the end when going through one of the FAQ lists and saw a brief suggestion to update Direct-X. That reminded me that I re-installed windows recently and the DirectX that came on the Windows CD was quite old and I hadn't updated it. So now there is good sound on my player, but I've got a lot to learn about DivX yet.
          Thought I'd let you know how it worked out. Thanks again....Ken

Comment

Working...