Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichPuke
    • Dec 2001

avi file

I have an avi file I want to playback.(downloaded from net)
    I downloaded BSPlayer, because WMP will not show pic or audio.
    When I try to run my avi file with BSPlayer Iget an error message of 'Initialisation failure in IRSurface'.
    I have no idea what this means.
    Can anyone help. I have downloaded various codecs ie.
    Angel potion. divx3, divx4....but still cannot get avi to play. WMPers progress slider moves across, prooving the file is all there but I still have no pics or audio....please help........tried to sort it out myself to no avail......
    PLEASE HELP
    Cheers
    RichPuke
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Sounds like you've got a video board with inadequate memory. If you've presently got your PC setup to use 32 bit "True Color", try resetting it to 16 bit color.

Let us know of your success;>}

Comment

• RichPuke
      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by setarip
      Sounds like you've got a video board with inadequate memory. If you've presently got your PC setup to use 32 bit "True Color", try resetting it to 16 bit color.

Let us know of your success;>}

I have a Hercules 3D prophet with 64 Mb of DDR memory onto a Asus A7A motherboard with 256 Mb of DDR memory running a AMD 1.333 266FSB.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Although the error is typically descriptive of just what I said, it's obvious , that if all is working correctly on your system, your board is more than adequate.

Have you had any other (possibly) video-related problems that might indicate a problem with the board?

Comment

• RichPuke
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by setarip
          Although the error is typically descriptive of just what I said, it's obvious , that if all is working correctly on your system, your board is more than adequate.

Have you had any other (possibly) video-related problems that might indicate a problem with the board?
          No problems at all. I play online and d/load files all the time.
          The only other thing i can think of is, are the codecs installed properly.
          When i've d/loaded them I unzip and run. Should I be doing anything else. Or is there other settings I should consider.
          As I said previously the file is playing but no sound or picture.
          Getting really stumped.
          PLEASE keep in touch.
          Cheers
          RichPuke

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

The DivX 3.11 installation usually requires additional installation procedures after unzipping - like clicking on the "Run Me First" file.

If you have a program such as VirtulDub installed on your system, you can easily see which codecs you have installed by selecting "Compression" from under the "Video" dropdown menu.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Tricorder
              • Mar 2002

Angel Potion

Do you still have the Angel Potion codec? I really need it and can't find it on the web anymore. Thanks.

Comment

• Harley
                • Jan 2002

I've had downloads like that before and even though the slide bar moves in WMP, the movie is a fake.

Comment

Working...