Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flierman
    • Sep 2002

Nandub and G/knott

I have been trying to get to grips with creating a mpeg 4 video, so far with no success. I started with Gknott and eventually after reading loads of "How To" on various sites, managed to get to a point to be able to encode the video. Not so, the audio encoded but not the video part. After several tries I realised Nanbub wasn't working, so just worked on that particular element.
    When I run Nandub ver 1.0rc2, build 1852, I open the file I want, in this case a mpeg1 and get the message MPEG Import Filter ack synchronization error, and that's it. & opening a .avs file I get the message AVIsynth open failure Unreconised exception and then it quotes a line number in this case line 43. I even downloaded the Nandub file again just to make sure it wasn't corrupted. Still no success. One other point, I have the DivX codecs downloaded , but how do you check they are installed?. Can anyone help me ?. I want to create a mpeg4 from a SVCD or VCD file and also rip a movie to mpeg 4. Help
  • benedict
    Lord of the 4th Estate
    • Jun 2002

Re: Installed codecs - You can get a list of your installed codecs right from Nandub. Just click "Video --> Compression" and there's your list.

[Note however that some players will actually play videos that use codecs not installed on your system. In this case, the drivers for the uninstalled codecs are actually on your system and the player knows where to find them. I don't particularly like this arrangement, but if you run into it, that's what's going on.]

You may also want to D/L a program called GSpot (very small). In addition to giving you that same list, it'll give you a list of all sorts of other codecs it recognizes as well as lots of stats from video files whether or not you have the codecs installed. Very convenient. Works with drag 'n drop too!
    It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

Working...