Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vickie
    • Sep 2002

how do put films on to cds to play in a dvd player

I have just started downloadig movies from kazza, I would like to know if there is a way to put them on a cd so it can be played in a dvd player, in steps that a novice like I am can do that isnt to difficult. I have been told about encoding and burning but it is like a diffrent language to me. thankyou
  • Deus
    • Nov 2001

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!! Try reading the threads before you post somethng like this. Read a Vcd guide or something. You can get it off off Divx-digest.com. Or jsut do a searh on the forum for Vcd conversion.
    Vcd ( Video Cd)

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

This is what I do to create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
      2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
      3) Click on "Setting" radio button
      4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
      5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
      6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
      7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - for highest quality set "Motion Search Precision" to "Highest Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
      8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)
      9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to 44,100 224Kbps
      10) Press "Start"

Note that if your video runs longer than 60 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

Hi Deus : I think you might want to be a little kinder to newbies such as vickie in the future. I work in a electronic store that sell DVDs, and I can tell you that most people don't know what a VCD or SVCD is, let alone how to make one. A lot of people don't even know that a DVD can't record and CAN'T play VHS tapes
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• benedict
          Lord of the 4th Estate
          • Jun 2002

@ vickie - No, it's not "like" a new language; it is one! Certainly you'll pick it up though, but that won't happen overnight.

Be sure to check out the rest of the site. There's a lot more than just this forum. Lot's of good tutorials, hundreds of program downloads (lots of them free), and lots of links to outside resources. The forum itself also has a good search function: just plug in whatever word or topic interests you, and you'll get a list of everytime it came up here. Chances are that if you are having a problem, at least one of us here has had it before you.

And don't worry if you run into the occasion grouch; we all have bad days from time to time.
          It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• Nightmare_ger
            • Sep 2002

Chill Deus

Deus for god sake chill out man we were all there one day, myself recently.

Vicky i only started this kind of thing a month and only had my first sucess recently.

The guides in this site are very good as is VCDhelp. com, but mostly trial and error is best. Be prepared to burn a few duffers b4 you get it right. Also try edonkey for movies much better thab kazaa.

Comment

• Simeyb
              • Sep 2002

Deus

Deus - I think you owe Vicki an apology don't you?

Vicki - I am also very new to this and echo what the others have said - download some software like TPMGEnc and experiment.

Good luck!

Comment

• Deus
                • Nov 2001

I would have been glad to help if he or I guess she even knew the simple term of vcd. I jsut think that newbies should try reading some posts before they post a question.
                Last edited by Deus; 18 Sep 2002, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• streek
                  • Sep 2002

Yah sometimes its nicer to have someone tell you the steps rather den going and searching posts and collecting lil by lil info on buring a movie...

dont worry vikkie... im even further behind you! i jst started! heh

Comment

• streek
                    • Sep 2002

hey setarip, thanks alot bud!
                    that gave me some steps to work with... but 1 question.. someone told me that your dvd player has to be VCD compatable... does this matter (is there such thing) or will my crappy dvd player handle it...

Comment

• Glassguy
                      • May 2002

to Streek

Your DVD player must be vcd compatable. It must also be able to read cd-r and cdrw disks (if that is what you are using). Mine is like that. It is vcd compatable but won't read cdr or cdrw. I thought I was doing something wrong and threw a lot away and then took them to my friends house and they worked fine!!! Go figure!!
                      Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...