X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mattlock
    • Sep 2002

Smartripper/DVDx problem...help

Well I ran into some problems.

I successfully ran the SmartRipper but now I am trying to run DVDx but ran into a problem. I got through all the steps but as soon as I selected the file I get a message that says

"ASPI not available, DVDx wont be able to unlock DVD drive and to read file bigger than 2GB. (Check for ASPI driver update at www.adaptec.com) Do you want to continue without ASPI?

If click yes, another message pops up "Unable to read from "name of file"" and shuts down.

I "unselected" the use ASPI option under DsCC but I still get the "unable to read from file......" I wonder if there is a problem with my ripped file....Smart ripper did appear to work fine when I ran it.

Any ideas?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

It appears that the software is telling you exactly what you need to do in order to overcome the problem. To wit: "(Check for ASPI driver update at www.adaptec.com)"...

Comment

• Mattlock
      • Sep 2002

thanks

Setarip,

I just downloaded and wanted to make sure there wasnt any danger doing a "install" like I would typically any new software. I am a newbie and I dont want to run into any problems.

Is there anything "sensitive" about updating ASPI updates?

thanks,

Mattlock

Comment

Working...