Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lost_as_usual
    • Sep 2002

I did everything right.......so i thought

Totally new to this and tried real hard not to ask for help but here I am. Well I read and I read and I read..........I converted the file (to what i have no clue) followed directions at this site.

ok heres the deal.......avi to vcd is the goal. got all the way up to the point of burning and this is the error i got. 10:22:17 PM #24 CDR -1013 File Writer.cpp, Line 335
    Buffer underrun

10:22:17 PM #25 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 222
    all writers idle, stopping conversion

10:22:18 PM #26 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 216
    conversion idle, stopping reader

10:22:18 PM #27 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1566
    Burn process failed at 4x (600 KB/s)

10:22:19 PM #28 Text 0 File Scsicmd.cpp, Line 395
    SCSI not using temporary buffers
    20 out of 20 temporary buffers allocated

took this from the log....

says my writer is idle...am i suppose to have it running when i burn?? doesnt make sense but then again im blonde so at this point nothing is making much sense.

help? jen
  • lost_as_usual
    • Sep 2002

I should mention i used Nero to burn.....well i tried to use Nero that is. jen

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

It looks like there is some problems with the burning stage. I'm not an error message reader, but I can offer you a few points to try out:
      1. Can you burn any other files using the same burner (as in backing-up)?
      2. If your burner is an IDE device, make sure that it is not sharing the same IDE channel with the harddrive on which the data to be burned resides
      3. Try using a different media
      4. If you are using WinXP, download the update from MS that resolves CD burning issues on certain systems

Comment

• lost_as_usual
        • Sep 2002

OK lets scratch that, i was playing around and i got the vcd easy to work. well sorta. i only got the audio to burn cause im an idiot and i forgot to put the video file in when i converted it (using the TMPGEnc ), so anyways i went to the tmpgenc to convert again and it read 'the file can not open or is not supported'. its an avi file and im trying to convert to? mpeg 1? 2? read the directions again to see if i missed something but i dont know the prob.

sorry to change but im trying anything thanks a bunch for your help jen

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

... got the vcd easy to work. well sorta. i only got the audio to burn cause im an idiot and i forgot to put the video file in when i converted it (using the TMPGEnc ),
          Which program are you actually using? At one point you mentioned VCD Easy and later on, you said you are using TMPGEnc.

so anyways i went to the tmpgenc to convert again and it read 'the file can not open or is not supported'.
          Can you play the original AVI in the computer? If not, you will need the proper codec installed before TMPGEnc can recognise and work with the file. Another possibility is that the AVI file is actually not an AVI file, but another format, like .rm or .viv.

A little note:
          VCD = MPEG-1
          SVCD = MPEG-2

Comment

• lost_as_usual
            • Sep 2002

So they both do the same thing? I was under the impression that vcd easy just did the burning and tmpge converted. either way neither one will take the file.
            i checked again to make sure its avi and it says it right under properties.
            and yes i can play it all my players , oh im so about to give up on this. your help is much appreciated thanks again jen

Comment

• lost_as_usual
              • Sep 2002

Well thanks for tips and ideas......I finally found a good source of help at http://www.vcdhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm i had read it b4 but i guess i really didnt understand it. well after reading so much im kinda gettin it now. i burned my first vcd and its not to bad......

and i did have to convert with tmpge and burn with vcd ,,,, so im sorry if i took up your time with my confusing babble

til next time jen

Comment

Working...