Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agamemnon6
    • Oct 2002

upside-down, in mirror image and distorted

Setting the first steps in digital video land and being a star wars nut I set of to put Episode II on VCD. It took me quite some time to get the right codecs and stuff but i finally managed to get the two files into Nero (latest version) and view them with sound and image in sync. I thought i was in heaven.

After 2 times 8 hours of recoding the file and after that 6 minits of burning I had the CD's. I put them in my DVD player to find that the image was destorted causing very tall and very thin Jedi knights, although I selected wide screen on my TV set and the big surprise was everything in mirror image and upside down.

Does anyone have a clue? I've totally lost it by now.

By the way the file is XviD MPEG4. Nero coverts to Mpeg2 on VCD I think.

VirtualDub reports a problem with the sounddecoding and plays the video without sound. In Nero and media player it seems fine.

Is it worth while to convert is to MPEG2 myself? I think I'll try that anyway.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

use tmpeg to convert to vcd/svcd directly

re-encoding is a waste of time and results in quality-loss

Comment

• Agamemnon6
      • Oct 2002

I'm experimenting with TMPeg now. I tried to convert directly, but I don't get sound!!! Any clues on this one? I think the distortion is caused by the strange picture ratio is 640 x 272. How do I get around this?

Comment

Working...