Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Far_out_si
    • Oct 2002

SVCD fine on PC- audio out of sync on DVD player

I have spent a few hours reading various tutorials etc; some great stuff on this web site. Have finally managed to get myself a nice mpg2 file of my movie.

First I have to rip the sound track as a giant WAV, then re-mix and compress with MP3 using VirtualDub. This gives my a nice AVI source, which I then convert to mpeg2 with TMPGEnc.

These files play purfect on my PC, if I use a soft-DVD player (e.g. Power DVD 4). I use Nero 5.5 to create an SVCD and again, if I play the mpg file on this CD, it is great!

BUT, when I play the SVCD in my domestic DVD player, the audio is slightly out-of-sync; not too much, but still annoying enough to spoil the film.

I have a Toshiba SD210e DVD player.

Very disapointed to fall at the final hurdle, and also totally stumped as to why this could be?

Any ideas welcome.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) There's no need to convert the .WAV file to .MP3 format, if your only going to make a VideoCD

2) Change the audio frequency to 44,100Hz

Comment

• Far_out_si
      • Oct 2002

Thanks setarip!

I was having many other audio sync problems, using a seperate avi and wav files as the source, and trying to split into two etc.

OK - so the original problem begins when I open the AVI in VirtualDub - it gives the messgae "An improper VBR rate detected......"

So, I select Full Processing Mode, and then save the audio to .WAV, to make a giant 1GB+ WAV file!

Next, I re-dubbed the AVI with this WAV file; and I wanted to use a compression. There's so many to choose, I went for the most familiar MP3 - maybe I should choose a different one?

Re the audio frequency; at what stage should I select this?

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

try burning your svcd with a delay of ~ 400ms

this is said to solve those playback probs with the toshiba 210e

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Next, I re-dubbed the AVI with this WAV file; and I wanted to use a compression. There's so many to choose, I went for the most familiar MP3 - maybe I should choose a different one?

Re the audio frequency; at what stage should I select this?"

Once again, there's no need to convert the .WAV file to .MP3 format, if your only going to make a VideoCD - TMPGEnc will compress the audio into MPEG1-Layer2 format when converting the .AVI and the .WAV file.

Set the audio frequency to 44,100Hz from within TMPGEnc...

Comment

• Danski0
            • Oct 2002

There is a small hack you should be able to use on your player. The SD220E have the same problem with synch and it works on that one.
            When the SVCD is running press "Angle" twice so you skip from "audio 1" to "audio 2" and back again. Now your problem is no more! =)

Comment

Working...