Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leviathan
    • Sep 2002

Puting 2 AVIs to gether

How can i put 2 or more avi files into 1 ??
    can i do this in VirtualDub ?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

1. Open first AVI file in VD
    2. Go to File -> Append AVI Segment and open the second AVI file
    3. Set Video and Audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy
    4. Go to File -> Save as AVI and give a name to the new file

Be aware that this only works if both videos are of the same type (Same resolution, codec compression and sampling rate).

Comment

• Leviathan
      • Sep 2002

it says the 2 files have different data formats when i no they dont
      i made both of them in the same program using the same settings

Comment

• benedict
        Lord of the 4th Estate
        • Jun 2002

VirtualDub is not wrong. There is some sort of incompatability between your two AVIs. It could be a lot of things: different frame rate, different X and Y size, and a host of others. You need to open both in VirtualDub and check the properties of each. Something there will be different between the two files, and that difference will be the reason for your problem.
        It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• Leviathan
          • Sep 2002

yea its the bitrate

Comment

• benedict
            Lord of the 4th Estate
            • Jun 2002

I'm not at all sure about this, but you might want to try.

I don't think your bitrate should matter, at least not in DivX. DivX optimizes its bitrate on each file depending on what is in that file, and it's unlikely that any two AVIs with the DivX codec will have an identical bitrate. If you don't see any other differences, try merging as Enchanter said w/o Direct Stream Copy.

As I said, I'm entirely guessing on this. Anyone with a better idea: Please chip in now.
            It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• Leviathan
              • Sep 2002

thx for the help
              im sure the files r the same aprt from the bitrate, i made them in the same way and i have checked.

Comment

• razzhere
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Leviathan
                it says the 2 files have different data formats when i no they dont
                i made both of them in the same program using the same settings
                Then try using Peck's PowerJoin. It will supposedly join .AVI's that of different bitrate.

Otherwise, you can process each file you want to combine with VirtualDUB using the same codec and bitrates and try using the Append function then.

Or you can use TMPGEnc to convert to Mpg and use the MPEG Tool's in it to join all the files afterwards.

Comment

• benedict
                  Lord of the 4th Estate
                  • Jun 2002

There's got to be something either obscure or something you haven't noticed about your settings. "razzhere" suggests the "brute force" method, and he is correct. We can sit around all day and discuss this, or you can just use this method and get it done. Figure it out later, if you can, but in the meantime, your files will be joined.

Comment

Working...