Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khlaran
    • Dec 2001

resuming encoding?

I'm wondering if there is any encoding s/w out there that allows you to resume encoding so that you could shut down your PC and then finish encoding the following day or whenever. Most of the s/w I've come across os far seems to have no support for that feature.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

It's probably better to shut your eyes (go to sleep) and let the PC stay "awake" finishing the encoding ;>}

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
      • Nov 2001

If your encoding to MPEG with TMPGEnc you can stop it when ever you want, just be sure to begin encoding in the right spot so you dont mss any of the movie. Some of my DVD's I have backed up have taken me over 20 hours to do, so i have stopped it at 50% and restarted it again. But it was abit of messing around cause i had to re-encode most of a VOB to makes sure that I had covered the whole movie

So i guess as SETARIP mentioned, it is probably allot easier to do it over night while you snooze

Cheers

Comment

• RedWingsSuck
        • Nov 2001

I went through the encoding nightmares (DivX to VCD) for a couple of months. Your best bet, and trust me on this, is to connect your PC directly to your TV to watch movies. FORGET ENCODING TO VCD. It's a complete waste of time and energy and the failure rate is extremely high. I connect my PC via my video and sound card (s-video and RCA for sound) directly into my 50" TV. What this does is give you ou computer screen on your TV along with sound. Then just use whatever media player you like set it to full-screen and watch it on your TV. The quality is much better than VCD too. As far as details on how to do this varies depending upon you system and TV. e-mail me if you want and I can tell you more about it.

steve@xrrc.com

Comment

Working...