Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VBTrent
    • Oct 2002

Trouble with Nero!

Ok, I have spent the last few weeks trying to gather all the great knowledge from this forum, and it has helped on many occasions.
    I am attempting to burn a VCD. I have decompressed (Audio/Video) with VirtDub. I have converted my downloaded AVI to MPEG with TMPGEnc. I have encoded it with VCDEasy. I am burning with Nero.
    When I play the disc all I see is the Menu screen. The counter on the DVD player does not start or even show numbers. I can not fast foward, skip tracks or anything.
    I understand that this message is pretty vague, but I am going nuts, please help me figure out why I can only view the Menu screen and not the movie.
  • Deus
    • Nov 2001

So all you see is the menu screen? What do you mean by that. And there is no need to use vcd easy if you have nero. Just set nero to burn a vcd and drag in the mpeg file you converted with TMPGEnc. It sounds like to me that you just burned it wrong.

Comment

• VBTrent
      • Oct 2002

I "Enabled the Menu" before burning with Nero, and nothing would play, Turns out it for some reason I have to press the track buttons and not Play or Skip, but whatever i figured it be a problem with the DVD player and not the burning.
      Thanks for your reply!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I have converted my downloaded AVI to MPEG with TMPGEnc. I have encoded it with VCDEasy. I am burning with Nero."

If you use TMPGEnc to convert from .AVI to "MPEG1-VideoCD" instead of "plain vanilla" MPEG1 there's no need to use VCDEasy at all. Simply use NERO to burn the file (NOT to convert it, since you've already done that in TMPGEnc) as VCD...

Comment

• SteamBird505
          • Aug 2002

Nero menu

I am also new at all this...but I assume that having enables the nero menu when it was in screen you need to press No: 1 or whjatever you chose if there is more than one menu item.
          Pressing "Play" does not not start the VCD playing.

I strip a .wav file then select separate files in TMPGEnc 1 video and 1 audio then having selected which VCD template you want, convert the file to mpeg. Mine are usually too large for one 800Meg disck so I use TMPGEnc "MPEG TOOLS" menu on top right. chop the file to fit 2 CD-R than having checked the two files play and sync is OK open Nero select Video files. Mine defaults to (S)VCD which means it will again convert your files unless you choose the secon item down ...video files.

There are times I need to use other progs but mostly this does me OK.

The latest stuff on X-Vid is causing me some problems though...

Hope that helps..and its all information gained from the nice guys on this forum
          Karen

Comment

Working...