Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeza
    • Nov 2002

tmpg & Nero errors with xvid avi

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm trying to put Reign of fire onto disc, It's 640 x 272 pixels, 151 kbps bitrate, mpeg layer 3, vid - 23 frames per second, 116kbps datarate, 24 bit vid sample size, xvid encoded. I've got the apropriate decoder it plays fine, and I was able to cut the avi using virtualdub. However when I burn to cd using Nero 5.5.9.6 the picture is fine, but upside down. I've tried to re-encode to mpeg using TMPG but once the encoding has started I keep getting the error "-537403781 180624" Can anyone advise how to either get Nero to burn it with the picture the right way around, get TMPG to re-encode it, or advise any other software which would work? Thanks in advance, I've usually found out how to sort these irritating problems out myself, but can't seem to get around this one. Usually I get the whole avi file, cut with virtualdub, then burn with Nero, but it takes ages and hasn't worked in this case, any advise on how to transfer avi to vcd & burn quicker than this would be appreciated also.
  • Deus
    • Nov 2001

Use TMPGEnc to Convert the avi to Mpeg and then jsut drop it into Nero while in the vcd screen. i wouldnt use Nero to convert it it sucks at that. What I would do is convert the while video to mpeg using TMPGEnc and then split it using the Cut and Merge Section under File> Mpeg Tools in TMPGenc.

Comment

• jeza
      • Nov 2002

Thanks Deus for your swift reply but as I posted I keep getting errors on TMPG since I installed the xvid codec, and can't open or if the file opens I get errors when I try to write a file. I've tried installing TMPG on a different drive as suggested on this forum, and tried installing the latest version of TMPG, but still to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks anyway for your previous reply much appreciated.

Jeza

Comment

Working...